A co-investment is the name given to both the homebuyer’s and Ourboro’s down payment contributions towards, or investments in, the home
Co-investments are important as this joint investment in the property is what forms the partnership between Ourboro and homebuyers.
Since Ourboro’s down payment contribution is an investment, and not debt, we risk losing our investment if the home sells for less than we purchased it, just like the homeowner would.
Let’s say we co-buy a $1,000,000 home. In this example, to meet the 20% down payment requirement, our combined co-investment must be for $200,000. Your mortgage would then make up the remaining $800,000 (80% of the home’s value).
If you invest $80,000 (8% of the home value) and Ourboro invests $120,000 (12%), together we’ll have a co-investment of $200,000 (20%).
Not ready to get started with Ourboro?
Get a crash course on co-ownership, and stay in the loop with Ourboro, by joining our mailing list.
We promise we won’t send you spam and you can unsubscribe at any time.